Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | Maps not showing in map list when creating server - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » Maps not showing in map list when creating server (Maps not showing in map list when creating server)
Maps not showing in map list when creating server
TheCrimsonEscapadeDate: Monday, 2015-01-26, 19:48 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Maps using the Zandronum / ZDoom format are not showing up in map list when creating a server using Zandronum mods. For instance the Delta Invasion mod has map names with dtinv##, or ZDoom wars using zdwars## but those maps never show up in the map list when creating a server. And trying to start the server on a stock Doom 2 map with some of these mods in order to switch to the level after the server is up leads to issues causing the server to fail to start.

bondDate: Tuesday, 2015-01-27, 01:16 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
What maplist do you mean? In IDE StartServer tab? If so, you can enter any map name there, not only select from predefined list

TheCrimsonEscapadeDate: Wednesday, 2015-01-28, 19:42 | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
I was referring to the one in the Start Server tab, once the server is started all the maps in that format for the pWAD in use will show in the map list. I did not know I can enter the map name without it showing up, that helps a bit. Is there any way to get them all to show in the drop down map list? For some reason I thought in previous versions they properly showed up. And I found out that the issue causing the server to fail to start had to do with not having all the required dependencies (skulltag_data.pk3 and skulltag_actors.pk3) also in the pWADs list for the server.

Message edited by TheCrimsonEscapade - Wednesday, 2015-01-28, 19:44

bondDate: Thursday, 2015-01-29, 01:03 | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Administrators
no, IDE doesnt analyze pwads and doesnt know about it contents - it is all the user's responsibility
only standard map names from doom, doom2 and skulltag (zandronum) are in list

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » Maps not showing in map list when creating server (Maps not showing in map list when creating server)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz