Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | IDE causes winsocket error 10022 in skulltag - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » IDE causes winsocket error 10022 in skulltag (IDE has started to cause network_getpacket flooding)
IDE causes winsocket error 10022 in skulltag
marco75Date: Wednesday, 2011-04-20, 07:59 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
IDE 5.00 has worked very well for me in the past, but recently it has started to cause error message flooding in Skulltag .98D. Whenever IDE is running, Skulltag will display this error during startup:

network_BindSocketToPort: Couldn't bind LAN socket to port: 15101. You will not be able to see LAN servers in the browser.

During gameplay, the message buffer at the top of the screen and in the console will be flooded with this error:

network_getpackets: warning!: error # 10022: unknown error

This is a winsocket error, as described at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740668%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

WSAEINVAL
Invalid argument.

Some invalid argument was supplied (for example, specifying an invalid level to the setsockopt function). In some instances, it also refers to the current state of the socket—for instance, calling accept on a socket that is not listening.

The relevant thread on the Skulltag forum:
http://www.skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=28602&start=0

A dev version Skulltag .98E, still displays the message during startup, but does not flood the message buffer.

This happened around the time I temporarily used a 3G wifi modem in my system, it might have corrupted IDE registry entries in some way, but I'm not sure. Other networked apps seem unaffected. A clean install of IDE did not fix this, neither did the WinSock XP Fix program or resetting TCP/IP stack and WINSOCK entries from the command line:

Code
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset catalog

I'm now using DoomSeeker, which does not have this problem. I prefer IDE's UI to DoomSeeker's, though.

Any tips on how I could get IDE working again?

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » IDE causes winsocket error 10022 in skulltag (IDE has started to cause network_getpacket flooding)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz