Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | Help with "GetWad" Search engine in IDE. - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » Help with "GetWad" Search engine in IDE. (Its blanked out/greyed out.)
Help with "GetWad" Search engine in IDE.
Double_R_Date: Sunday, 2009-12-27, 11:11 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
So I just downloaded IDE a few hours ago, seemed very nice, getting into servers that I have the wad already. When I went to a server that I didn't have the wad, it said it couldn't find it. So it popped open a box stating Certain wads aren't there and that I can either press Search Wads or Cancel. Well the I can't click on search wads so cancel it is. : /

I went to options > optional components > GetWad

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\doom 2

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\doom 2\base

Because I bought Doom1/2 through Steam this is how the path looks.

So when I put this .pk3 file for me to allow access on a server (gvhcd-2.pk3), thus when clicking 'Search' Button under Search Wad: "Access Violation at address 0000000. Read of address 0000000."

So I'm not sure if I have the path directory correct, or if there is another file/folder to put it in for it to work...?

I've also put it under Zdaemon files/folder -- Skulltag files/folders -- and still the same issue with this violation. As well, I still can't use the search button, when clicking on a server to join, for it to search the Wad automatically.

So anyway on how to make "GetWad Setup" from being greyed out/unclickable, how to make "Search Wad" work without any violations, as well making the Automatic Search Engine when clicking on a server, to work as well.

Any help is grateful. I'm to this setup, sorry sad

bondDate: Sunday, 2009-12-27, 12:53 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
this is because you dont have getwad.dll in ide folder (probably)
you should see "getwad.dll was not found. GetWAD feature disabled" in ide log page
check it, and if it present, try to reinstall (unpack ide zip, but dont forget to close ide first)

as for "Access Violation.." msg - its ide bug, i'll fix it, thank you

Double_R_Date: Monday, 2009-12-28, 09:19 | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
So the .dll was there, but I just unzipped and reinstalled that file and it works perfectly now. Thank you ;D

As well with the violation, I guess it went away as well, once the GetWad.dll reinstalled file was implemented.

Thanks again! biggrin

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » Help with "GetWad" Search engine in IDE. (Its blanked out/greyed out.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz