Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | IDE asking for Beta for my own server?? - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » IDE asking for Beta for my own server??
IDE asking for Beta for my own server??
DevilHunterDate: Thursday, 2009-09-24, 16:29 | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Even though, I have it set up to Launch the Beta in IDE Options, but only when I'm running my own server. I must be doing something wrong..

Here is how I done it.
First, I set IDE to the testing folder.
Then, I start the server. (no wonder if I'm running any custom wads or not, also with or without dmflags.)
After that, I refresh IDE to see my server.
I click on it to join, and it asks for me to download the Beta, even though its already there. o.o
I click Ok, and it downloads the beta, puts it in C:\Program Files\Skulltag\Testing\Testing.

Not sure why it does that. Is there a special way I'm suppose to do it?? I have my server in the list where to show custom servers. (add server>LocalHost>Ok)

It's almost like, it don't see that the beta is already in the folder. I can still join my server, by loading up the Beta, and typing "Connect localhost" in console.

I must be doing something wrong, seeing as nobody else made a topic of this.

bondDate: Friday, 2009-09-25, 01:24 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
IDEs Skulltag 'autotesting' feature was made to help user to _connect_ sometimes to testing servers.
But if you want to start testing server from IDE, it would be better to setup IDE for this testing version:
1. Install Skulltag beta somewhere, don't forget to copy skulltag.wad/pk3 there
2. Setup IDE to use this Skulltag version (in Options->Programs)
3. Turn off 'Enable Skulltag autotesting' (in Options->Launch game)

But you can play on servers with this version only. To play on other servers, you will need reconfigure IDE to other skulltag versions

DevilHunterDate: Monday, 2009-09-28, 08:54 | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Hmm, well I have the Beta Build where IDE always puts it, and took off the Skulltag Autotesting, hazah, it works. lol.

Case Closed

Though, it would be kinda confusing to a new user of IDE with that. Then again, is there a way, you can make IDE not check it, if its your own server??

Message edited by DevilHunter - Monday, 2009-09-28, 09:36

bondDate: Monday, 2009-09-28, 12:24 | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Administrators
imho its to much confusion with different skulltag versions..
i hope after release new 0.98 it will be easier to user to run client/servers
but now keep in mind that 'skulltag autotesting feature' was made for client only - if you want to run server, setup ide as usual

DevilHunterDate: Friday, 2009-10-02, 14:47 | Message # 5
Lieutenant
True. Well, I understand. Thanks anyways Heh. I hope I don't get on your nerves for pointing out the obvious on IDE lol.

Added (2009-10-02, 14:47)
---------------------------------------------
Btw... I did noticed, when it asks for you to download the Special Version... It still makes a "testing" folder in that folder where I already have the beta, even though I clicked on Cancel... Is that intended??

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » IDE asking for Beta for my own server??
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz