Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | Windows 10 explorer.exe crash loop when receiving PMs. - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » Windows 10 explorer.exe crash loop when receiving PMs.
Windows 10 explorer.exe crash loop when receiving PMs.
mossj32Date: Sunday, 2016-12-18, 21:04 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
In the chat in Doom Explorer, if you are on Windows 10, and you receive a PM while the client is in the tray, it'll cause an explorer.exe crash loop when you try to click the tray icon to read the message. Explorer will just keep restarting repeatedly, and eventually it will stop, but fuck everything up, causing "explorer.exe class not registered" errors when attempting to load any metro APP, and the start menu will stop working entirely until you force close DoomExplorer.exe.

If you manage to kill the DoomExplorer.exe task before the crash loop stops, the system will recover, and you'll get flooded with Notification spam. (You received a PM)

Something tells me something is broken with notification handling... I never receive notifications from Doom Explorer, ever, unless I kill the app and get that horrid flood.

bondDate: Tuesday, 2016-12-20, 01:07 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
i'll think about it, thanks
you can turn off these notifications: Options- Chat - Enable popup notices in System Tray (uncheck)

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Bugs, remarks » Windows 10 explorer.exe crash loop when receiving PMs.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz