Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | I suddenly can't host anymore. The server won't show up. - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Comments » I suddenly can't host anymore. The server won't show up.
I suddenly can't host anymore. The server won't show up.
dylstewDate: Saturday, 2013-03-23, 07:19 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
I think about a few months ago, I wanted to play megaman 8 bit deathmath with friends using doomseeker and IDE and Zandronum, so I hosted with Doomseeker and connected trough IDe(it shows more servers), which worked fine.
So I want to play again, and I tired it again but the server won't show up in the server list. if I look in doomseekers serverlist for my WAN IP, it shows a different port number than the one I'm actually using.
I forwarded 10666 and put it in as a firewall exception. No, my internal IP didn't change. If I add my internal IP as a custom server I can join, but I'm not sure about others and I want it to appear on the serverlist again anyways/
This is really weird, I'm using the exact same settings(I had a save) and show to public is ON and it's not on LAN.
This doesn't really have to do with IDE, but this is probably one f the few places where I could get help.

bondDate: Monday, 2013-03-25, 11:03 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
You question is one of the most frequent questions on Zandronum forum - just do proper search there
Perhaps you should open UDP ports on your router/nat - 10666 for example
Also try to use "UPNP" options when start server (not sure about doomseeker though..)

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Comments » I suddenly can't host anymore. The server won't show up.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz