Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | Auto-join-when-possible - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » Auto-join-when-possible
Auto-join-when-possible
PunaxeDate: Monday, 2009-08-10, 17:15 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
I'm sure we all know the situation where a server is full, but you really want to join. Would it be possible to have IDE re-check the server every, say, 5 seconds for an opening, and when available, automatically join? That's basically what I do manually: refresh, refresh, refresh until somebody leaves and then double-click as fast as I can. tongue

The pop-up that says "Server is full. Connect anyway?" could, next to [ Ok ] and [ Cancel ], contain an option to enable auto-join or something that would start the abovementioned procedure. Something like this:

http://files.noctifer.net/autojoin.gif

Good or bad idea?

bondDate: Wednesday, 2009-08-12, 05:24 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
in serverinfo window, click Auto, then Launch - it will autorefresh server (during several minutes) and automatically launch game if there will be free slots
is it what you ask about?

PunaxeDate: Friday, 2009-08-14, 12:53 | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Ah, you already had it! Yes, that is what I meant. I never found it because I never venture into the ServerInfo window as I can get all the information from the Servers and Players tabs as well.

Implementing autojoin in the "Server is full"-dialogue makes sense to me though... You can think about it, if it's easy to do and if people'd like it.

Personally I'd remove the ServerInfo window altogether, bind middle-click to Refresh All again, and bring back AutoRefresh Selected Servers. But maybe that's just me. tongue

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » Auto-join-when-possible
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz