Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | IDE keep making me download a "Special Version"... - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » IDE keep making me download a "Special Version"...
IDE keep making me download a "Special Version"...
DevilHunterDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-01, 03:27 | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
I downloaded the right Beta, and have IDE point to it, but it will still keep wanting me to re-download it. It will also put the Beta in another folder, thus making it make a whole new, blank config. This has been going on since the new feature where it trys to launch the beta.

It is kinda annoying, any way to fix it, or maybe I'm doing it wrong??

bondDate: Thursday, 2009-07-02, 01:38 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
there are specially configured "testing" servers (0.97e betas) which IDE tries to find in specified subfolder of main Skulltag folder (named like skulltag version string). if there are not such folder with skulltag.exe in it, IDE suggests to download it. just allow IDE to do that - and then configure your files there

DevilHunterDate: Friday, 2009-07-03, 13:58 | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Hmm, ok I guess... Its just a little minor annoyance to me. I guess I should start using that as my folder name heh. I just label the Beta/Dev Builds as "SkulltagDev####" heh

EDIT: ok, so I let it download the "Special Version", and after it was done, I moved all the files into that folder, and removed the old folder I had. But it still wants me to download the version... What am I doing wrong here???

Message edited by DevilHunter - Friday, 2009-07-03, 16:53

bondDate: Saturday, 2009-07-04, 06:45 | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Administrators
Ok, suppose you want to connect to server with version string "0.97e-alpha-r2228".
IDE checks if there is subfolder named "0.97e-alpha-r2228" in main Skulltag folder with skulltag.exe file in it. If found, IDE start it from there, if not - IDE will create such subfolder, download file "http://skulltag.com/testing/files/builds/97e/SkullDev97E-2228windows.zip", unpack it in this subfolder and start skulltag client.

Btw, i'm going to change this behaviour slightly: all betas will be downloaded and unpacked to one common subfolder - so you can have all your files/configs/etc ready to use there

DevilHunterDate: Monday, 2009-07-06, 02:20 | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Ok I Understand now. Thanks for explaining it to me. The new way your thinking about, sounds cool. I just like to have all my controls, and /Skins intact, with the custom music, and Font i have with it. Thanks again, Bond.

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » IDE keep making me download a "Special Version"...
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz