Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | "Responsive" Single-Player Scrollable Panels - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » "Responsive" Single-Player Scrollable Panels (Make the scrollable panels wider and taller on fullscreen)
"Responsive" Single-Player Scrollable Panels
gamesDate: Sunday, 2020-09-06, 07:34 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Hi! I love DE and it's the base to keep my Mod collections in order and easily playable.

But there is one thing that could be improved in order to make the experience better: make the scrollable panels "responsive", wider and taller on fullscreen, se we can easily see longer lists and longer paths. The Configurations Panel height already takes the whole available vertical space, but the PWADs panel doesn't. Also the PWADs panel could really be more wider, so we can easily read lines with longer paths (when you have mods on sub-folders, for example).

The panels on the Multi-Player, Chat and Log section already does that, so (if possible) it's just the Single-Player panels that need this improvement.

Thanks!  biggrin

bondDate: Monday, 2020-09-07, 01:09 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
hi
it is possible to make  saved configurations list panel wider and taller - Ctrl-Right/Left (there is menu in this panel)
but i'll try to "automate" these procedures in some situations, ok

gamesDate: Monday, 2020-09-07, 08:38 | Message # 3
Private
it is possible to make  saved configurations list panel wider and taller - Ctrl-Right/Left (there is menu in this panel)

Nice! It works and it saves, so it's still wider after open it again.

If you manage to implement something similar to the PWADs list, that would be perfect.

Added (2020-10-14, 19:19)
---------------------------------------------
So, the latest update is great! Thanks! Now I can resize the PWADs section.

But it only saves the horizontal resizing (to the right). The vertical resizing (to the bottom) resets when I start the program.

Would be possible to make the program save all the manual resizing and perhaps the window position as well?

That's what I'm trying to achieve here: https://imgur.com/REIy1Zm

As you can see, I snapped it to the left of the desktop and everything have the right size, with so much room and easy to read.

A way to save the settings and that will be 100% perfect for all the other profiles with lots of mods. biggrin

Added (2020-10-14, 19:34)
---------------------------------------------
So, the latest update is great! Thanks! Now I can resize the PWADs section.

But it only saves the horizontal resizing (to the right). The vertical resizing (to the bottom) resets when I start the program.

Would be possible to make the program save all the manual resizing and perhaps the window position as well?

That's what I'm trying to achieve here: https://imgur.com/REIy1Zm

As you can see, I snapped it to the left of the desktop and everything have the right size, with so much room and easy to read.

A way to save the settings and that will be 100% perfect for all the other profiles with lots of mods.  biggrin

Message edited by games - Monday, 2020-09-07, 08:38

bondDate: Friday, 2020-10-16, 06:31 | Message # 4
Admin
It saves both width and height - but for 'normal' windows (and maximized too)
Snapped windows are sort of 'semi-maximized' - after unsnap they return to its previous sizes.
Doom Explorer saves/restores only normal and maximized window size/position, but not snapped (i dont know how to do that)
You can set DE window size close to required height and width, for example in your case: almost full height and half width (it will be saved) and then snap it to fine tune

gamesDate: Saturday, 2020-10-17, 07:42 | Message # 5
Private
Here is not saving, no matter what. Even with a maximized window and set to run as Admin, the PWADs section just resets when I restart it.

I go there, drag to the right and to the bottom, so it's the way I want... but if I close the program and open again it goes right back to the original form.  sad

bondDate: Sunday, 2020-10-18, 08:43 | Message # 6
Admin
That is DE always start with default window size? Very strange..
Can you just start it, enlarge width and close - will it start with new width next time?

gamesDate: Sunday, 2020-10-18, 13:09 | Message # 7
Private
Quote bond ()
That is DE always start with default window size? Very strange..Can you just start it, enlarge width and close - will it start with new width next time?

In that case I'm talking about the width of the PWADs section, it always resets and start with the default value. Same for height.

The whole DE window starts full-screen here.

bondDate: Monday, 2020-10-19, 06:38 | Message # 8
Admin
Ah, i see, there is problem with maximized window indeed
I'll correct it, thanks

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » "Responsive" Single-Player Scrollable Panels (Make the scrollable panels wider and taller on fullscreen)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz