Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | Allow to use skulltag.exe for Zandronum - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » Allow to use skulltag.exe for Zandronum
Allow to use skulltag.exe for Zandronum
unknownna7Date: Wednesday, 2018-08-29, 10:59 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Sometimes I have to compare Zandronum to Skulltag to check whether bugs are new or very old. Right now, I have to rename every instance of skulltag.exe to zandronum.exe to be allowed to select it. I want Doom Explorer to let me use any name for the .exe if necessary. This would save a lot of time and make things more convenient.

https://s15.postimg.cc/gqcnv829n/exename.png

bondDate: Friday, 2018-08-31, 02:10 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
you can change filter in program selection dialog (in down right corner) - by default it is port's exe name, but you can set any exe or any file at all
but keep in mind zandronum and skulltag differ now in many ways - dmflags, some commands (for server)
may be create bat files and check configurations manually

unknownna7Date: Sunday, 2018-09-09, 22:49 | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
I double checked, and it seems that you're not allowed to use skulltag.exe when selecting .exe in "Start Server" in "Testing Version". This might be intentional, but I remember I wanted to use skulltag.exe for faster speed for testing. While the dmflags and server commands etc. are probably out of sync, the network prediction issues can still be tested and compared fairly quickly between the two.

bondDate: Friday, 2018-09-14, 03:18 | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Administrators
why 'testing'?
zandronum testing version is special version which support additional features absent in 'normal' version - like file url for downloading for example
use normal program for this - that is change program name for Zandronum port

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » Allow to use skulltag.exe for Zandronum
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz