Internet DOOM Utilities
Main | Can i backup my servers, and SP/MP settings? - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » Can i backup my servers, and SP/MP settings?
Can i backup my servers, and SP/MP settings?
mayhemlordDate: Saturday, 2018-08-11, 23:55 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Moving to a new PC, i was hoping i could save my server settings, and SP/MP settings, i have spent hours setting them all up, would much rather not do that all again.

bondDate: Sunday, 2018-08-12, 08:21 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
All Doom Explorer settings are stored in file DoomExplorer.ini, by default it is located in folder %APPDATA%\Doom Explorer\ - open windows explorer and copy/paste this path there
You can save this file and use it in new comp - but keep in mind that it saves all paths to ports and wads from old comp, so you need to correct them if they will differ
Another way to make configuration fully portable - use relative paths (in Options - General) and start Doom Explorer with parameter '-appdir' - in that case file DoomExplorer.ini will be located in Doom Explorer install folder. That is:
- create somewhere folder "Doom" (for example)
- install all ports, launchers and wads in this folder (in subfolders)
- start 'DoomExpolrer.exe -appdir', check 'Relative paths' in Options-General, set proper paths for programs and wads and save configuration (when exit doomexplorer)
After that you can copy/paste folder 'Doom' to any comp and use it there without any additional settings (only remember about '-appdir' parameter) - on flash drive for example

mayhemlordDate: Sunday, 2018-08-12, 23:58 | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
nice! cheers, will this also carry over my servers for MP?

bondDate: Monday, 2018-08-13, 02:17 | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Administrators
sure

Forum » IDE discussion and other.. » Suggestions, questions » Can i backup my servers, and SP/MP settings?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

bond © 2001-2024 Powered by uCoz